We’ve heard a lot about anxiety in the last year, but how many of us really understand what “anxiety” is? Understanding anxiety can help you know when you need to take steps to manage certain areas of life – making life smoother and the tough times a little easier to bear.
Anxiety is the body’s natural response to stress. If you have ever felt nervous before a job interview, a first date, or having to speak in front of a group, then you have experienced anxiety. Anxiety in its basic form is a feeling of fear or apprehension about what is to come. These feelings come and go with situational experiences, not lingering once what you feared is over. While feelings of anxiety are natural and normal, some people experience extreme feelings of anxiety that can be debilitating.
Anxiety disorders can affect people of all ages and backgrounds. Anxiety becomes a debilitating issue when the feeling of fear stays with you all of the time. Extreme anxiety can generally be put into one of seven categories:
- Illness Anxiety Disorder – anxiety about your health (hypochondria)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder – recurring irrational thoughts that lead you to perform specific, repeated behaviors
- Panic Disorder – experiencing recurring panic attacks at unexpected times
- Phobia – excessive fear of a specific object, situation, or activity
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – anxiety following a traumatic event
- Separation Anxiety Disorder – fear of being away from home or loved ones
- Social Anxiety Disorder – extreme fear of being judged by others in social situations
People experience anxiety in different ways. Feelings can range from “butterflies” in your stomach to vomiting, having increased heart rate, rapid breathing, trouble concentrating, insomnia, feeling like there’s a disconnect between your body and mind, nightmares, and panic attacks.
Ketamine IV infusion treatments have helped those suffering from anxiety find relief from debilitating symptoms. Ketamine is a prescription anesthetic that offers almost immediate relief.
If you are struggling with extreme anxiety that is negatively affecting your life, contact the Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles today.
Posted on behalf of Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles
Go back to Blog page