Ketamine Treatment for CRPS in Orange County
Chronic pain can be debilitating, particularly when it is difficult to treat. This condition is relatively uncommon and not very well understood. Treatment does seem to be most effective when it begins early in the process; under these circumstances, improvement and even remission are possible.
What is CPRS?
Chronic regional pain syndrome often develops after a stroke, heart attack or injury and typically affects an arm or a leg. One early red flag of CPRS is that the pain is out of proportion in comparison to the severity of the initial injury.
The most common signs and symptoms of CPRS include:
- Decreased ability to move the body part affected by CPRS
- Relentless burning or throbbing pain in the arm, leg, hand or foot
- Muscle spasms, tremors, weakness and muscle loss
- Temperature sensitivities
- Joint stiffness, damage and visible swelling
- Skin changing in temperature, alternating between cold and sweaty
- Changes in nails and hair growth
- Changes in skin color, ranging from white and blotchy to blue or red
- Visible changes in skin texture, including appearing thin, shiny or feeling tender in the affected area
A challenge in diagnosing CPRS is that not all patients show the same symptoms, which may change over time anyway. Rarely, CPRS can spread from one limb to another area of your body, including the opposite limb.
Why You Should Consider Ketamine for CPRS Symptom Management
Primarily, ketamine is a common anesthetic that’s been in use for decades and is on the World Health Organization’s Essential Medicines list. Due to ketamine’s ability to block the NMDA receptors often responsible for the nerve pain associated with CRPS, it can also be a powerful part of an overall treatment plan. In fact, most patients experience noticeable improvement from their very first treatment.
Orange County Ketamine Treatment for CRPS
You do not have to live your life in pain, missing the things that matter and the activities in Costa Mesa you once loved. Ketamine for CPRS may be able to help you find symptom relief. Call or contact Ketamine Healing Clinic of Orange County today to learn more about using ketamine for CRPS treatment and how it can help restore your quality of life.