Anesthesiologist, Medical Director
David Mahjoubi, MD is a board-certified Anesthesiologist and one of the most sought-after experts in Ketamine treatments for anxiety, PTSD, Major Depression, Chronic Pain and Alcoholism. His practice, Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles, is one of the first Ketamine-only treatment centers in the country. A native Angeleno, he spent a great deal of time volunteering at local hospitals throughout high school and his undergraduate studies, which inspired his passion to pursue medicine. In 2005, Dr. Mahjoubi earned his Doctor of Medicine at The Chicago Medical School and went on to complete his residencies at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center and Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center. He first learned of the benefits of intravenous Ketamine during his residency at County/USC in 2006, where it was primarily used for pain management and pediatric anesthesia. Following his residency, Dr. Mahjoubi joined the Anesthesia Group at Northridge Hospital Medical Center, in Calif, where he was the most active user of IV Ketamine for both conscious sedation and general anesthesia procedures. He went on to work at various surgical centers throughout Southern California and became increasingly aware of the beneficial mental health effects in many patients following their procedures. Dr. Mahjoubi opened Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles in 2014 to offer superior care and support for patients struggling with Anxiety, Major Depression, Chronic Pain, PTSD and Alcoholism. Today, with a second office in Orange County and virtual visits, he provides highly effective solutions through IV infusions and at-home therapies, for those struggling with treatment-resistant depression and chronic pain, nationwide.
Dr. Mahjoubi currently serves as the president of the American Board of Ketamine Physicians (ABKP), which is a non-profit organization dedicated to lifelong learning as well as advancing scientific literature with regards to ketamine treatments. He is a published author of medical journals and lecturer as well as the recipient of numerous awards and honors including being recognized as a “Top Doctor – Best Anesthesiologist” by Los Angeles Magazine multiple years in a row. Dr. Mahjoubi carries 17 years of experience with intravenous Ketamine and is one of the most trusted sources on the subject matter.
- Doctor of Medicine, The Chicago Medical School
- Bachelor of Science, University of California at Irvine
- Major: Biological Sciences
- Minor: Sociopsychology
- Yashar P, Sepahdari A, Mahjoubi FD. Primary Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Breast in an Adult Woman. The Breast Journal. 12(6) 571-72, 2006.
- Co-Author, Preoperative Clinic Rotation Manual. University of Southern California Department of Anesthesiology, 2006.
- Residency in Anesthesiology 2006-2009 / University of Southern California + Los Angeles County Medical Center
- Internship in General Surgery 2005-2006 / Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Medical Board of California
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Reliability of Transthoracic Echocardiography versus CT Angiography in Cardiac Thrombus with Pulmonary Embolism in the ICU. Western Anesthesia Regional Conference, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, 2008. Case Report Poster Presentation, Primary Author.
- Postoperative Adrenal Failure Following Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection Surgery. Western Anesthesia Regional Conference, Rancho Mirage, CA, 2009. Case Report Poster Presentation, Second Author.
- The Medical and Fiscal Consequences of the Lack of Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Illinois. Illinois Academy of Family Physicians, Medical Education Community Orientation Program, 2002. Primary Author.
- Medical Director, Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles and Orange County 2014 – Present
- Northridge Hospital 11/10 – 1/14
- Marina Del Rey Hospital 9/14- Present
- Rodeo Drive Surgery Center
- Bedford Drive Surgery Center
- Beverly Hills Aesthetics
- Sinai Surgery Center
- Specialty Surgery Center
- Mission Community Hospital 7/12 – Present
- Olympia Medical Center 7/09 – 10/10
- Inorganic Chemistry Tutor; University of California at Irvine, 2000
- Physics, Chemistry, and Math Tutor; Cambridge Tutoring Co. of Orange County, CA, 2001
- Sleepinox (www.sleepinox.com)
- Biological Science Scholastic Honor Society, University of California at Irvine
- Dean’s Honor List, University of California at Irvine
- Certified Advanced Tutor, College Reading and Learning Association
- Spanish, Persian