David Mahjoubi, MD
A Note from Dr. Mahjoubi, MD:
Hello and welcome to the Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles. My name is Dr. David Mahjoubi, MD, and I’m a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist, having passed the requirements of the American Board of Anesthesiology. My experience with intravenous Ketamine dates back to my training in 2006 at the University of Southern California during an Anesthesiology residency program.
Following my residency, I joined the Anesthesia Group at Northridge Hospital Medical Center, where I was the most active user of IV Ketamine for both conscious sedation and general anesthesia cases. I went on to work at surgical centers throughout Southern California and noted beneficial mental health effects in many of my patients post-procedurally.
Researching the literature regarding IV Ketamine and its benefits for people with Major Depression & Chronic Pain, I learned of its ability to really help those who have been resistant to other treatments for depression.
Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles was thus founded, and now we provide a highly effective treatment for patients with treatment-resistant depression and chronic pain. If you are suffering from these conditions I urge you to not put off treatment any longer – contact us today.
Dr. David Mahjoubi, MD is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology. He earned his Doctor of Medicine at The Chicago Medical School and completed his residencies at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center and USC / L.A. County Medical Center. He is currently on staff at Mission Community Hospital. He is the recipient of numerous awards and honors throughout his academic years, and has been recognized as a “Top Doctor – Best Anesthesiologist” by Los Angeles Magazine multiple years in a row. Dr. Mahjoubi carries over 15 years of experience with intravenous Ketamine, and is the author of multiple publications in the medical field. He holds a flawless record with the Medical Board of California and American Board of Anesthesiology, and currently serves as the president of the American Board of Ketamine Physicians (ABKP.org). The ABKP is a non-profit organization dedicated to lifelong learning as well as advancing scientific literature with regards to ketamine treatments.
- Doctor of Medicine, The Chicago Medical School
- Bachelor of Science, University of California at Irvine
- Major: Biological Sciences
- Minor: Sociopsychology
- Yashar P, Sepahdari A, Mahjoubi FD. Primary Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Breast in an Adult Woman. The Breast Journal. 12(6) 571-72, 2006.
- Co-Author, Preoperative Clinic Rotation Manual. University of Southern California Department of Anesthesiology, 2006.
- Residency in Anesthesiology 2006-2009 / University of Southern California + Los Angeles County Medical Center
- Internship in General Surgery 2005-2006 / Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Medical Board of California
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Reliability of Transthoracic Echocardiography versus CT Angiography in Cardiac Thrombus with Pulmonary Embolism in the ICU. Western Anesthesia Regional Conference, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, 2008. Case Report Poster Presentation, Primary Author.
- Postoperative Adrenal Failure Following Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection Surgery. Western Anesthesia Regional Conference, Rancho Mirage, CA, 2009. Case Report Poster Presentation, Second Author.
- The Medical and Fiscal Consequences of the Lack of Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Illinois. Illinois Academy of Family Physicians, Medical Education Community Orientation Program, 2002. Primary Author.
- Medical Director, Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles 2014 – Present
- Northridge Hospital 11/10 – 1/14
- Marina Del Rey Hospital 9/14- Present
- Rodeo Drive Surgery Center
- Bedford Drive Surgery Center
- Beverly Hills Aesthetics
- Sinai Surgery Center
- Specialty Surgery Center
- Mission Community Hospital 7/12 – Present
- Olympia Medical Center 7/09 – 10/10
- Inorganic Chemistry Tutor; University of California at Irvine, 2000
- Physics, Chemistry, and Math Tutor; Cambridge Tutoring Co. of Orange County, CA, 2001
- Biological Science Scholastic Honor Society, University of California at Irvine
- Dean’s Honor List, University of California at Irvine
- Certified Advanced Tutor, College Reading and Learning Association
- Spanish, Persian