Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CPRS) is a type of crippling pain. It usually affects your arm or a leg and usually develops after you’ve been injured, had surgery or suffered from a stroke or heart attack. If treatment for your CPRS starts early it is more likely to be effective.
Common Symptoms of CPRS According to the Mayo Clinic
- Continuous burning or throbbing pain, usually in your arm, leg, hand or foot
- Sensitivity to touch or cold
- Swelling of the area that is painful
- Changes in skin temperature, color, and texture
- Changes in hair and nail growth
- Joint stiffness and swelling
- Muscle spasms, tremors, weakness and loss (atrophy)
- Decreased ability to move the affected body part
Treating the nerve pain associated with CRPS can be difficult. Adverse side effects are common when taking pain medications. In addition, pain medications are often not effective. Pain medication side effects can be extensive. They can range from dizziness, constipation, gastrointestinal ulceration, nausea, nightmares, fluid retention, weight gain or loss to addiction. In addition to the side effects often associated with pain medications, they also can be highly ineffective.
If you’re looking for relief from your chronic pain due to CPRS, contact Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles today. Dr. David Mahjoubi is a leading expert in ketamine therapy and a pioneer in treating pain and mood disorders with IV ketamine infusions. Call our office and see if ketamine treatment is right for your CPRS.
Posted on behalf of Ketamine Healing Clinic of Los Angeles
Go back to Blog page